Limited light. No sleeping. Our first goal: Survive.
Active furnaces and Luminators are the only available long-term sources of precious, precious light.
Scheduling is in flux. Sessions tentatively take place on Saturday from approximately 5:00PM MDT to approximately 9:00PM MDT. Impromptu sesssions can also take place at Solra's whim. (Scheduled sessions are preferred for milestones.)
- Difficulty level is Hard. (You will starve to death!)
- Natural health regeneration is disabled. Every sunrise, players will heal a single half heart, as long as they are below three hearts. Players may also heal using Hot Tubs, though heating one without torches or lava is difficult. Healing potions, regen potions, golden apples, or liquid UU-matter may also be used to regenerate health.
- The permadeath system has been removed due to popular demand.
- Mobs will always drop the average amount of items they would have dropped. For example, cows will always drop exactly one leather and exactly two steaks, and every second Blaze killed will drop one blaze rod.
- Most ores now appear in rare, enormous veins rather than in small patches.
- Torches and jack-o-lanterns will never appear in the world.
- Torches, jack-o-lanterns, other passive light sources, and beds may not be placed. Those which are not ingredients of further recipes may also not be crafted.
- Glowstone Dust drop rate is significantly reduced. Glowstone Blocks drop normally with Silk Touch, but cannot be placed.
- Netherrack cannot be placed.
- Chopping down a tree (with the proper tool) only requires breaking the base.
- Unlike the second session, IndustrialCraft is back!
- Unlike previous sessions, Silverfish will not be found in stone everywhere.
- F3 is disabled!
- Infinite water is disabled!
- Water mills and IC2 solar panels may not be crafted. (Galacticraft solar panels are allowed.)
- The Nether and the End are gone. In their place is a mysterious dimension known as the Nadir.
- Players who show up for the first or second session will start with an iron pick, an iron axe, an iron sword, a blank map, and a loaded revolver. (Player's choice of rubber, ivory, or wood handle.) Conserve those six bullets; it will be a while before we get any more!
- Players may, at their leisure, choose one "superpower". This is a permanent potion effect applied to the player. Once chosen, superpowers cannot be changed. Allowed superpowers:
- Movement Speed +40%
- Dig Speed +40%
- Melee Damage +6
- Max Health +4 hearts
- All players have permanent Night Vision.
- Coffining is considered cheating. Coffining is any situation where you seal yourself inside a tiny interior space, created for the purpose of waiting out the night or waiting for reinforcements to arrive.
- The Main Base must be in the overworld.
- Once established, the Main Base cannot be moved.
- The spawn point will NOT be moved after the start of the game! Bear this in mind when deciding where to place the Main Base!
- If no Main Base is established by sunset on the first day, one will be designated.
- Players may choose to create their own, separate Main Bases, but our chances for survival are far better if we work together.
- Glowstone torches, quantum armor, electric jetpacks, nanomachines, BuildCraft Quarries, and IndustrialCraft Miners are forbidden.
- Mobgrinders are not allowed. A mobgrinder is any situation where spawning mobs (from spawners or natural spawns) are funneled into a location where they are helpless, or any situation where many mobs end up packed very tightly into a small area.
- Mystcraft Ages and Linking Books are, in general, not allowed. Specifics TBD.
- Using slabs, staircases, or other "bug" means to intentionally prevent monster spawning is not allowed.
- Using Crushed Obsidian or Construction Foam to prevent monster spawning is allowed.
- Using Silk Touch on a Silverfish Egg, to obtain the Egg and prevent the Silverfish from spawning, is allowed! 😊
Unlike other servers, this one will eventually come to an end. In order to call ourselves winners, we must reach the following conditions:
- A Beacon
- Villager Habitat Complex
- At least 30 villagers, each with their own safe room containing:
- Plant (bonsai or flower)
- Cauldron full of water
- At least 5 Plains villagers
- At least 5 Desert villagers
- At least 5 Arctic villagers
- Space Science
Moon Base (return-capable)
- Mars Base (return-capable)
- Asteroid Base (return-capable)
Rules Under Consideration
(This space deliberately left blank)