Limited light. No sleeping. Our first goal: Survive.
Active furnaces and Luminators are the only available long-term sources of precious, precious light.
Sessions take place on Monday and Friday from approximately 5:00PM MDT to approximately midnight MDT. Impromptu sesssions can also take place at Solra's whim. (Scheduled sessions are preferred for milestones.)
- MinecraftForge 1614 or later for Minecraft 1.7.10. Talk to Solra if you don't know how to set this part up.
- The Darkness modset. Use this updater to download, install, and update them. If you have any questions or concerns about the updater, don't hesitate to talk to Solra.
- (Optional) Corfid's Fox villagers and Solra's Iron Pipo Pack, IC2 support pack, and fitted leather armor pack. The Fox villagers are necessary to understand one of the win conditions. Don't forget to enable them after you install them!
- Difficulty level is Hard. (You will starve to death!)
- Natural health regeneration is disabled. Every sunrise, players will heal a single half heart, as long as they are below three hearts. Beyond that, healing potions, regen potions, golden apples, or liquid UU-matter must be used to regenerate health.
- The permadeath system has been removed due to popular demand.
- Mobs will always drop the average amount of items they would have dropped. For example, cows will always drop exactly one leather and exactly two steaks, and every second Blaze killed will drop one blaze rod.
- Trees (except Rubber trees) will not drop saplings. This means that wood and leaves are non-renewable resources. There is a way to obtain normal saplings, but it is not sustainable.
- 100% of magma and lava in the world has already cooled to obsidian.
- Extra diamonds and redstone will (rarely) spawn in stone, at all altitudes.
- Torches and jack-o-lanterns will never appear in the world.
- Torches, jack-o-lanterns, other passive light sources, and beds may not be placed. Those which are not ingredients of further recipes may also not be crafted.
- Glowstone Dust drop rate is significantly reduced. Glowstone Blocks drop normally with Silk Touch, but cannot be placed.
- Netherrack cannot be placed.
- Unlike the second session, IndustrialCraft is back!
- Unlike previous sessions, Silverfish will not be found in stone everywhere.
- F3 is disabled!
- Infinite water is disabled!
- Water mills and IC2 solar panels may not be crafted. (Galacticraft solar panels are allowed.)
- Coffining is considered cheating. Coffining is any situation where you block yourself inside a tiny interior space, created for the purpose of waiting out the night or waiting for reinforcements to arrive.
- The Main Base must be in the overworld.
- Once established, the Main Base cannot be moved.
- If no Main Base is established by sunset on the first day, one will be designated.
- Players may choose to create their own, separate Main Bases, but our chances for survival are far better if we work together.
- We will start with three Iron Gears, two Gold Gears, and two Diamond Gears. This puts us well on our way to making our first Quarry.
- Glowstone torches, quantum armor, electric jetpacks, and IndustrialCraft Miners are forbidden.
- Mobgrinders are not allowed. A mobgrinder is any situation where spawning mobs (from spawners or natural spawns) are funneled into a location where they are helpless, or any situation where many mobs end up packed very tightly into a small area.
- Mystcraft Ages are allowed, but there are no Mushroom Island-related Biome pages or Zero Length pages, and it is not permitted to have more than one Normal Sun page in the same age.
- The server operator will destroy any Ages that he considers OP. (Destroyed ages will not count toward any age limit.)
- Mystcraft Linking Books are not allowed. Descriptive Books, Star Fissures, and rockets are the only way to get to and fro. (The first age is going to be an interesting adventure where we search for a Star Fissure page... unless we bring a rocket, that is....)
- Exception to the above: The server admin will convert Nether Portals to Mystcraft Portals as necessary to permit reliable railway transportation via the Nether.
- Exception 2 to the above: The server admin will create temporary Mystcraft Portals as necessary to move mobs to/from space.
- Using slabs, staircases, or other "bug" means to prevent monster spawning is not allowed.
- Using Crushed Obsidian or Construction Foam to prevent monster spawning is allowed.
- Using Silk Touch on a Silverfish Egg, to obtain the Egg and prevent the Silverfish from spawning, is allowed! 😊
Unlike other servers, this one will eventually come to an end. In order to call ourselves winners, we must obtain the following conditions:
At least one bucket of UU-matter, OR a level 4 beacon, for renewable healing Achieved on 2016-02-09!
- Villager Habitat Complex (optionally in space)
- At least 30 villagers, each with their own safe room containing:
- Plant (bonsai or flower)
- Cauldron full of water
- At least 5 Plains villagers
- At least 5 Desert villagers
- At least 5 Arctic villagers
- Space Science
- Space Station (self-sustaining)
- Mars Base (return-capable)
- Two complete 16x16 core samples from Moon with depth info
- Two complete 16x16 core samples from Mars with depth info
- Asteroid Base (return-capable)
- Asteroid Samples (details TBA)
Rules Under Consideration
(This space deliberately left blank)